To the Righteous Remnant
RESTORING THE CITY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
To the Remnant Rising,
“See how the faithful city has become a harlot! She once was full of justice; righteousness used to dwell in her — but now murderers! Your silver has become dross, your choice wine is diluted with water. Your rulers are rebels, companions of thieves; they all love bribes and chase after gifts. They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow’s case does not come before them. Therefore, the Lord, the Lord Almighty, the Mighty One of Israel, declares: “Ah, I will get relief from my foes and avenge myself on my enemies. I will turn my hand against you; I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities. I will restore your judges as in days of old, your counselors as at the beginning. Afterward, you will be called the City of Righteousness, the Faithful City.” Zion will be redeemed with justice, her penitent ones with righteousness.”(Isaiah 1:21-27; NIV)
The Lord has sought a righteous remnant to stand before him on behalf of the land so that he will not have to destroy it. Our land is mourning and in turmoil because of abortion, innocent bloodshed, immorality, rebellion, lawlessness and wickedness. We have exchanged the glory of God for worthless idols. This passage could well be addressed to cities in our nation. Thank God for his mercy and grace. He has a redemptive plan. We recognize that our battle is in the heavenly realm against the kingdom of darkness. This passage comes with a redemptive promise of the Lord, himself, stretching forth His hand against our enemies. He promises to remove the impurities and restore the judges of old. Then, the city will be called the City of Righteousness and Faithfulness!
Raising Up Righteousness!
- Stand before the Lord and repent on behalf of the unfaithful city who has become a harlot. Ask the Lord to forgive and cleanse us as a nation for a spirit of prostitution.
- Stand and repent for abortion, innocent bloodshed, immorality, rebellion, lawlessness, wickedness, robbery, bribery and not defending the fatherless and not caring for the widows. Ask the Lord to forgive us and cleanse us of all unrighteousness and heal our land
- Thank the Lord for delivering us from the enemy.
- Ask the Lord to remove all unrepentant, rebellious rulers and unrighteous judges from our land in every sphere of influence and authority.
- Thank the Lord for restoring the judges of old and raising up righteous counselors.
- Decree that our cities and nation will be called, The City of Righteousness, the Faithful City.
Father, we stand before you on behalf of our nation and the cities of America. We repent and ask you to forgive us as a nation for a spirit of prostitution and harlotry. Lord, we have sinned against you and brought defilement to our land. Please forgive us for the sins of abortion, innocent bloodshed, immorality, rebellion, lawlessness, wickedness, robbery, bribery and not defending the fatherless and not caring for the widows. Please forgive us and cleanse us of all unrighteousness as a nation. Heal our land. Deliver us from our enemies. Lord, let every unrepentant, rebellious ruler and unrighteous judge be removed from their places of authority. Restore and raise up righteous judges and the counselors of old. Let your redemptive plan of righteousness and justice come again to this nation. Let our cities once again be called Cities of Righteousness and Faithfulness. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.